Franklin India Prima Plus fund is a diversified equity fund with the objective to provide capital appreciation by investing in companies focused on shareholder wealth creation. Regarded as one of the top-performing mutual funds in India, this mutual fund investment is an open-ended growth scheme that seeks to provide growth of capital along with regular dividends through a diversified portfolio of equities, fixed income securities, and money market instruments. Further, this mutual fund investment has been ranked fourth in the ‘Diversified Equity’ category by CRISIL, for the quarter ended December 2017, a rank which has remained unchanged from the previous quarter. This fund also boasts of an enviable Morningstar rating of Gold.
Launched on the 29th of September, 1994 this is another fund from the esteemed Franklin fund stable, that is approaching it’s 25th anniversary, which goes on to show how good and reliable the investment house is. This fund has grown to be recognized as one of the best mutual funds in India thanks in part to the doggedness and focus it has had in seeking out top-notch organizations that generate superior return ratios while also boasting of robust wealth-creating strategies. The minimum initial investment amount for investing in this fund scheme is Rs. 5,000 while investors looking to go down the SIP investment route can start with as little as Rs. 500.
This multi-cap fund maintains a diversified portfolio of companies, across different sizes and sectors, and is managed by the famed dynamic duo pairing of Mr. Anand Radhakrishnan and Mr. R Janakiraman which rank amongst the best in the industry. The team’s research-intensive approach along with a robust investment process over the past few years has helped it generate the desired results. Additionally, under the guidance of these two stock-pickers, the fund had a penchant for investing in securities with a large-cap bias which had a good track record across market cycles. This is evident in the fact that nearly 70 per cent of the stocks in the fund’s portfolio consisted of large-cap stocks while midcap and small-cap securities cover up the remaining 30 per cent.
The team also adopts a bottom-up approach to stock picking as they look to uncover companies which can deliver sustainable growth even in tough market conditions. Over a ten-year period, this mutual fund investment holds the distinction of consistently been ranked amongst the top three funds in its category. However, owing to several fundamental changes in the past couple of years such as favoring a heavy large-cap tilt even as several peers have preferred mid-caps has led to some underwhelming performance of late. Having said that, its exemplary track record under the leadership of these two skilled fund managers should help provide comfort to investors who are willing to invest in this scheme for the long haul. Moreover, even after this upheaval in strategy, this team is more than capable of steering the ship ahead.
Undoubtedly one of the best mutual funds in India, this fund is highly recommended especially for investors who are on the lookout for separate large-cap and mid/small-cap funds as this fund essentially hands you the best of two worlds. Moreover, thanks in part to its dynamic asset allocation strategy along with having one of the best fund management teams in the country, this mutual fund investment has the potential to offer better risk-adjusted returns.
The team is also known to adopt a relatively concentrated exposure in its top few holdings which makes this mutual fund investment suitable for investors having a moderate risk appetite and are willing to remain invested for at least a period of five years. If you’re looking to invest in one of the top performing mutual funds in India while having a long-term wealth creation angle, you can choose to invest in this scheme. Get in touch with our financial advisors for tailor-made investment plans which suit your financial requirements and risk appetite today.
SBI Bluechip Fund | Top Mutual Funds | Liquid Funds | ELSS Funds | Tax Saving Mutual Funds | Financial Planning | Best Performing Mutual Funds | Best ELSS Funds | Tax Saving Investments | ELSS Mutual Funds | Debt Mutual Funds | Large Cap Mutual Funds | Best Large Cap Mutual Funds | Financial Consultant | DSP Opportunities Funds | Financial Advisory Services | Tax Saving Funds | Robo Advisor | Best Large Cap Funds | Robo Advisors Bangalore